Saturday, May 26, 2007

Magical Serendipitous Searching

I've mentioned serendipitous searching in past entries and today my latest encounter really was magical!

I listened to a segment on NPR during which synesthesia was mentioned. I wondered if my experiences in seeing colors while my eyes are closed were related. My experiences didn't seem connected, so I decided to do a Google search to return sites with all of the following words: seeing color eyes closed

That search brought me to When Our Eyes Are Closed, What Do We See?, a fascinating entry in a blog titled, The Splintered Mind. The blog is written by Eric Schwitzgebel, an Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of California at Riverside.

Not only did I find lots of information about the topic, but also I was moved to add a comment providing details about my own experiences. This opportunity to share was truly magical.

No comments: